Turmeric has many health benefits and is using from ancient times in ayurveda medicine to heal wounds, to boost immunity, and to prevent risks of chronic disease such as heart disease, arthritis and cancer.
Turmeric is a popular herb made from the root of curcuma longa plant. The active part in turmeric is curcumin that has anti-inflammatory or anti-oxidant properties.
It is natural herb that helps to fight bacteria which are found on wounds and prevent the entry of bacteria on wounds.
There are many kind of turmeric teas are available in health stores and online. In this article we will discuss benefits of turmeric and how to make turmeric drink.
How to Make Turmeric Tea
This beverage is easy to prepare and includes some natural kitchen ingredients. It includes some grind or grated turmeric, honey, coconut oil, lemon, and ginger.
- Boil 4 glass of water
- Add 1 to 2 tbsp of ground grated turmeric root
- Bring the mixture to simmer approximately for 10 minutes
- Strain the drink into container and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
Some people add additional ingredients to improve the taste and functionality of turmeric tea. Some ingredients include:
- Grated Turmeric – 1-2 tbsp
- Whole milk, coconut milk, or almond milk – 1 Cup
- Ginger Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper – 1/4 tbsp
- Firstly boil coconut milk, whole milk or almond milk (whichever you choose)
- Add all the ingredients except coconut oil, honey and jaggery.
Benefits of Turmeric Tea
- Anti-inflammatory property of curcumin reduces symptoms of arthritis and joint pain.
- Curcumin is proven to boost immune functions. This is because of anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant properties.
- If you are suffering from sore throat, then this drink provides quick relief and cure.
- Presence of ginger, turmeric in drink boosts up the digestion and helps to improve the immune system.
- This drink can give you glowing acne free skin. Ingredients present in drink can help you have a glowing skin.